The Charlesgate Alliance launched on January 24th, 2017, to bring positive change to the Charlesgate neighborhood. We look forward to working with you!
We are dedicated to improving Charlesgate and to knitting together the Charlesgate district. We promise to become an effective new force to defend and serve our diverse and dynamic neighborhood.
The City of Boston made a video with one of our co-founders, Pam Beale, as a result of the Alliance being awarded CPA money in 2019. Parker James is the other co-founder.
See our Achievements page for details on the CPA grant.
- Develop the notion of Charlesgate as a neighborhood – join us and donate!
- Improve the Charlesgate park areas. 21 trees adjacent to Charlesgate were planted during Spring 2018.
- Consider enhancements that can be made for the Charlesgate area. We hold Leadership Meetings, which are open to anybody who would like to take an active role in shaping the future of the Alliance.
- Work with the Emerald Necklace Conservancy, Department of Conservation and Recreation, and Landing Studio to begin comprehensive design for the Charlesgate Revitalization Project. This project will utilize $250,000 from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and $400,000 from the City of Boston. For more information, see Achievements.
- Create safe, pedestrian friendly, public areas – Share your ideas
- Improve Muddy River water quality
- Help public agencies like the DCR and MassDOT maintain and improve the area
- Create a high quality, off-leash dog park in an area of South Field. For more information see our Charlesgate Dog Park page.
- Charlesgate revitalization
- A fully integrated Charlesgate neighborhood
- A solid, enduring Charlesgate Alliance organization
Landing Studio Designs
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!