The Charlesgate Alliance launched on January 24th, 2017, to bring positive change to the Charlesgate neighborhood. We look forward to working with you!
We are dedicated to improving Charlesgate and to knitting together the Charlesgate district. We promise to become an effective new force to defend and serve our diverse and dynamic neighborhood.
Great news! Mayor Walsh wrote a letter of support to Governor Baker for the Charlesgate Revitalization Project! You can read it here.
Imagine what it would like like if the Muddy River and Charles River connected in a way that Frederick Law Olmsted originally intended them to meet.
The City of Boston made a video with one of our co-founders, Pam Beale, as a result of the Alliance being awarded CPA money in 2019. Parker James is the other co-founder.
See our Achievements page for details on the CPA grant.
- Develop the notion of Charlesgate as a neighborhood – join us and donate!
- Improve the Charlesgate park areas. We hired Project Place to clean the park in the summer of 2019 and 2020 to supplement the work that the Department of Conservation and Recreation performs. Our current contract with Project Place provides for them to continue their work year-round.
- Consider enhancements that can be made for the Charlesgate area.
- Work with the Emerald Necklace Conservancy, Department of Conservation and Recreation, and Landing Studio to begin comprehensive design for the Charlesgate Revitalization Project. This project will utilize $250,000 from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and $400,000 from the City of Boston. For more information, see Achievements.
- Create safe, pedestrian friendly, public areas – Share your ideas
- Improve Muddy River water quality
- Help public agencies like the DCR and MassDOT maintain and improve the area
- Charlesgate revitalization
- A fully integrated Charlesgate neighborhood
- A solid, enduring Charlesgate Alliance organization
Landing Studio Designs
You can view presentations from our past meetings as downloadable PDFs.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!